Friday, March 9, 2012

Fill in the Blank Friday

the little things we do
1. My favorite room in my home is the family room because that is what it is all about. At Christmas time I reorganized and rearranged the room (using this handy tool I discovered on Pinterest) and since I did, all of us spend most of our time there although Penelope still manages to create her Atom bomb explosion of Barbie and Polly Pocket all over the living room.

2. My current decor style is busy mother with business to run and disabled messy husband, two kids under 10, a teenager, two dogs, four cats, two guinea pigs chic but I wish it were more clean and tidy housewife. (That is not meant to offend - only to be funny because it is true.  When I was a stay at home Mum my house was clean, tidy organized and had an emerging country vintage style - now it is chaos.)

3. I wish I could redecorate EVERY room in my house to make it more fresh, clean and organized. My oldest son said (and PITA and my Mum would probably agree) I should put everything out in the yard and bring back only what I really need - sounds a little too much like an episode of Hoarders for my liking. :o)
This is a kitchen I could live in.  LOVE it.
Source: housebeautiful.com via Tina on Pinterest

4. My dream house absolutely has to have a huge kitchen with lots of storage, a big farm sink, an Aga (I think I have mentioned this before) and an eating area in the kitchen. Basically I want my Granty's (that's my maternal-Grandmother) kitchen in white and cream - or my Auntie Brenda's (whole house!) just the way it is plus the Aga and sink.

5. One house item I am willing to splurge on is  electronics.  And by I, I mean CH.  I don't really splurge on anything other than groceries.  Because of him we have a computer for just about everyone, several X-Boxes, an X-Box 360, a WII - and a monstrous TV to use them on - a game boy, two DS's, a 3 DS, and two PSPs.  That does not even include Josh's stuff. How bad is that. :(

6. A decor trend that I just don't "get" is modern industrial.  Don't you want to be comfy at home?  Isn't that what the idea of home is all about?  I so do not understand stainless steel coffee tables and rock hard couches in clutter free rooms.

7. Love is a little touch that makes my house feel like home. I always know that I am home when I walk in the door and am greeted by my dogs who love me and are happy to see me and then by my kids. I know it is a place where I am always safe, always wanted and always loved.

See you later for my 31 Days of Pinterest post! :o)

Tina

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ooh! Please write something. Please. I would LOVE to hear your comments!