Saturday, January 12, 2013

Nothing

Something has just occurred to me and thought I would - should - share.

I am going to be 40 in 2 months and 3 days.  I have closed my shop and therefore putting and end to the dream - and the huge stress - of owning my own business in this small, cliquey, thrifty (tongue in cheek) town and  have quit one of my other two jobs and find myself working about 15 hours a week and that is it.  I have been racking my brain trying to decide what I want to do with myself.  I have always been a career rather than just a job person and just this second it occurred to me that I do not need to be.

There is no reason whatsoever (other than financial and I do not think that is a good enough reason) that I need to work more than I am or that I need to have a career.  I am happy in my part-part time job and it will grow in to a busier job as time goes by so perhaps I need to settle the heck down and enjoy my time in semi-retirement and the last few months of my 30s!

So, I have decided I will do nothing.  That's right.  I said it.  Nothing

(Well, I will sew, and clean and cook and love and smile and enjoy having next to no stress....)

Have a nice day - see you at the game!!

:o)  Tina

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a great decision. I used to be a teacher ('68-'83 in NJ) and even back when you were a little girl there were way too many empty houses where kids could return and have mischief (define that any way you want depending on age)with their friends. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It has been a process and honestly I am enjoying having more time at home and with my children so much that I am going to continue on like this for as long as it is feasible! Thank you for your comment - I love comments and do not get nearly as many as I would like!!

      Delete

Ooh! Please write something. Please. I would LOVE to hear your comments!