Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

I am Canadian so these questions are not really going to work for me but I will alter them to fit into the Canadian version or July 4th - July 1st, Canada Day.

1. What do you traditionally do for 4th of July? July 1 is Canada Day
When I was a kid we used to, for some reason I find quite odd now, go and have a big picnic in a park in Washington State...  weird, we left Canada on Canada Day.  Now, my family and I attend a community gathering at a local park, and then have a BBQ and watch the fire works.

2. Did you follow your tradition this year? How did you celebrate yesterday? Yesterday I hung around the house while CH painted the kitchen, but on Canada Day...
the Little Man was away for the weekend so CH and I took Penelope and my nephew went to Beaver Creek park for some birthday cake.  CH developed a migraine and was down for the count so I took the kids and we went to a birthday party for one of CH's cousins. Later Penelope, CH and I went and watched the fire works. A little different than usual, but I had a nice time.

3. What’s the best fireworks show you've ever seen?
Surely and I used to attend the Symphony of Fire in Vancouver when I lived there.  It was so amazing to be on the beach at night with thousands of people who were hardly speaking as they listened to the radio through their headphones and watched the amazing display. If you have never been, I highly recommend it. We always loved it thoroughly.

Symphony of Fire Vancouver British Columbia

4. Have you ever been injured by a firecracker?
No. And I don’t plan on it! I am very cautious by nature.

5. Burger, Brat, or Hot Dog?
I don’t eat tubed meat. So my answer is obviously burger but having said that, I am fussy and it is complicated.  I have food fobias...

6. Do you sport red, white and blue on our Independence Day? We are red and white in Canada.
I don't but I usually, but I do dress my kids (at the very least Penelope) in something colour appropriate.  I slacked off this year as the Little Man was away and Penelope looks nice is pink...

heart shaped Canadian Flag
7. If you had to be from any country other than the USA Canada, what country would it be? 
I have been anywhere besides the USA and Italy.  I would not, could not (sorry) move south of the border but might consider Italy if I could find a reasonably priced place to live.  It is an amazing place but I would have to investigate their health care and school systems.  I would not move to the USA as it does not offer much positive change from Canada other than more (and cheaper) shopping. (Again, not meant as an offence, but I am a Michael Moore fan and watch way too much TV).

8. Charcoal or gas?
Gas - it is just so easy. But I also like a steak cooked over a camp fire.  VERY tasty.

9. What’s your favorite thing about this fair country of ours?
I am a positive person so “favorite” things aren’t easy for me to answer - there are always too many of them! Canada is beautiful and vast in climate and culture.  Canada's people are known throughout the world as being passive, polite, friendly, kind and considerate. I love that I have freedom of speech, health care based on my income, a high standard of living even at my modest income level.  I love that I do not worry about crime and that it is not because I am in denial but because we have a low crime rate. I love that my children get a good education that is paid for and that mother's can collect unemployment benefits for a year after their child is born. I think that my absolute favorite thing is that this is my home and I am so very proud to be Canadian.

10. God Bless the USA, My Country Tis of Thee, or the Star Spangled Banner? Oh Canada or God Save the Queen
I do not prefer one over the other as they are both a tribute to things (a place or a person) whom I love very very much.

I hope I did okay with these answers....  kind of tricky....

:o)  Tina

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ooh! Please write something. Please. I would LOVE to hear your comments!