Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Castaways

The Castaways Elin Hilderbrandby Elin Hilderbrand

This was a good book - but not Water for Elephants good.  I think I would have enjoyed it a lot more if I had not just read Water for Elephants (which was amazing).  It was a good book to read while lying on a blanket in the sun - one eye on the kids and one eye on the book.  Worth picking up for a beach weekend.

The basis of the book is the death of two friends from a group of friends and the secrets, lies and feelings revealed following those deaths.  It was interesting and clean - from the synopsis, I kind of expected it to be a little more down and dirt and the secrets to be a little more juicy.

Overall, I give it 3 1/2, maybe 4, stars for easy summer reading.

:o)  Tina

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ooh! Please write something. Please. I would LOVE to hear your comments!