Thursday, July 21, 2011

Fill in the Blank Friday

Freshly back from Vacation and so not wanting to be. Bummer Summer my foot - I am having a great time!! Arrived home yesterday with a plan for another trip at the end of the summer.  We had such a great time, I managed to keep a journal of the basics and I took lots of pictures.  I will write about it later this week.


1.   One of my happiest moments ever was when CH told me I was pregnant. I was a little anxious about telling him as it was not really planned - although very much wanted - and as it was our fourth child (collectively) I was not sure what to expect. He says to"Just tell me already." I say "Tell you what?" He says "That you are pregnant." I cry. It was great. She is great.




2.  Summer is wedding season and weddings are  a great place to catch up with family and friends. I have a big extended family and always eagerly await the next wedding - right now we all seem to be in the baby shower rather than the wedding phase.


3.  This summer  has been really great despite the lousy weather.  I have been happy and having a great time with my kids and of course with CH.


4.  My summer food of choice has been raspberries and strawberries.  I am just biding my time for the cucumbers and peaches.  I love this season of bounty.

5.  My summer uniform has been   capris and t-shirts.  Pretty much the same as every other summer only this year I am not so blinkin' hot.  I *gasp* have been enjoying the unseasonably cool weather.

6.  If I could spend the entire summer in one location I would choose Boundary Bay. Or more practically (as it has food, a bed, bathroom facilities, etc.) my Aunt's house in Lions Bay.  I LOVE the ocean so so much. If the weather were better I would want to be at Champion Lakes which is a quick half hour away.


7.  My summer anthem is  this year is "Rolling in the Deep" by Adele.  I have an it song every summer and the last three (including this one) have been dictated in part by what is really singable with my kids.  Last year was "Need You Now" by Lady Antebellum and "Goodbye Earl" by the Dixie Chicks - so singable.  Love them.



K. I have lots of catch up posting to do! Have a wonderful Friday!

:o) Tina

2 comments:

  1. "Need You Now" by Lady Antebellum is one of my all time faves...and of course, I love Adele!
    popping in from LBS. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strawberries are no longer in season here, but boy am I feasting on peaches and cucumbers! I love Adele and "Rolling in the Deep" is one of my favorite songs! Here's hoping the weather will perk up on your end! Dropping by from the LBS! :)

    ReplyDelete

Ooh! Please write something. Please. I would LOVE to hear your comments!