Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

Sometimes I wonder why I bother with these things.... I have to admit I don't mind doing it, you know, bathering on about myself.  :o)  Gives me something to Blog about - right?

1. Have you ever used Craigslist?
No, I haven't.  Not sure how it works and always kind of thought it was for big cities - which this is not!

2. Can you sew?
Hell yah! Like crazy. I started my business, Sugar Shack Quilting, based on my love to sew.

3. Do you pour syrup on your pancakes or dip your pancakes in the syrup?
I pour but just a tiny bit with lots of butter.  Yummy!

4. Rain storms: Love them or hate them?
I don't really have a preference either way.  I know I should be either scared of them or think they are really cool (CH and the kids love them - although the Little Man is a little worried, it is in his nature). I do find any power outage a bit of an inconvenience as it interferes with my favorite pastimes of sewing and blogging!

5. Do you like swimming?
LOVE IT! If I could sew and read while swimming with my kids that would be the ultimate.  Too bad I am not much of a multitasker and cannot even chew gum and think about anything else besides chewing - and not swallowing - the stupid gum.

6. What kind of drink do you order at Sonic?
Never been to Sonic and will probably never go. I live in Canada and we do not have them here - and I am not a big cross boarder visitor.  I would prefer to travel were my money stays closer to home and supports my community.  I think this crazy notion comes from being a self employed, struggling, retailer.

7. Are you funny?
I would have to say I am - although I think I am funnier than anyone else thinks I am.  (See my list of 15 Interesting Things About Me.)

8. At what age will your kids get cell phones?
My second from oldest step-son has one, he is 14.  I guess they get them when they have a busy social life that requires that they need one.  My 9 year old niece has one and I do not think that is okay - at all - but my brother works a lot and he is a single parent so they text to keep each other in the loop.
9. What’s your favorite vegetable?
Hands down potatoes.  I am a sucker for white food.  Bad, very bad.

10. Were you a Girl Scout?
I was a Brownie, which I loved, for as many years as you can be a Brownie.  I was a Guide for one year.  It was less than fun.

Gratuitous picture:
Violet - it looks like she wants to eat the fish, maybe she does, but she cannot leave the water alone.  It is like a drug to her.  Fish bowl, bath tub, toilet, it matters not.  She loves the water.  Weird, I know.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ooh! Please write something. Please. I would LOVE to hear your comments!