Friday, April 8, 2011

15 Interesting Things About Me

Wow. 15 things seems like a lot. Maybe they will just be facts and not so much interesting... here goes.

#1. I have an incredible long term memory. I mean truly remarkable. I remember details about everyone I have ever met and can tell you details from birthday parties I attended in elementary school. Until like last year I thought this was normal. My short term memory, however, not so good.

#2. I do not like to be told what to do. You can guide me into doing what you want me to do but if you tell me, I am NOT going to like it and most likely not going to do it.


#3. My family is everything to me. My husband, my kids, my parents, my brother, my in-laws, my nieces and nephews, aunts, uncles and cousins. I have been down more than one bumpy road only to discover that they have stood by me when others have not.

#4. I am crazy about my husband and truly believe him to be the nicest person I have ever known.

#5. I have an unusually high white blood cell count and rarely get sick - although at the moment I have had a nasty cold for almost a week!

#6. I think I am very funny and sometimes make myself laugh until I cry and need to be reminded to breath.

#7. I am a lover not a fighter and hate confrontation. Not to say that I am wimpy, I just hate to have anyone mad at me. My Mum seems to think I am the fighter of the family - she says I am a shark - but I think that is only with her and my brother and maybe sometimes my husband because I know they will let me get away with it and still love me.

#8. I believe in ghosts. There is no doubt in my mind that they exist. I have had some experiences that cannot really be explained any other way.

#9. It is hard for me to call someone a friend and when I do they had better not let me down. I feel very deeply and do not get over being hurt easily. Maybe that should be another point about me. I could write a whole post about it.

#10. I have been married twice. The second time has been so much easier and more about the important stuff in life - family, love, respect. The first time was more about how things looked to others and being young and taking what seemed like the next logical step.

#11. I am very uncoordinated until I have a couple of drinks and relax. And then look out dance floor! I come from a family of dancers. We all love to do it but only a couple of us is any good at it.

#12. My Mum is one of six girls. Those six girls are the most remarkable (some of them are even Googleable) women I know and I adore them all. Between them they produced 17 equally amazing children and there are only 4 boys!

#13. I blow my nose 90 times a day. I am hardly even exaggerating.

#14. I get super freak nervous when I am going somewhere I have never been before.

#15. I find it next to impossible to see the glass as half empty. I recently read a quote "If plan A does not work, don't worry about it there are still 25 more letters in the alphabet.". That totally works for me. I can always see a bright side and mange to find something good even in the worst situation.

So, like I said, I am not sure if those are interesting things about me or if they are just things. It was an easier list to come up with than I thought it would be so maybe I will do it again sometime.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ooh! Please write something. Please. I would LOVE to hear your comments!