Monday, September 26, 2011

Photos of Somewhere I Have Been

When I was 24 (way back in 1997) I went to Italy for 27 days.  I actually got married while I was there but that is a story for a Saturday, not today.  It was amazing (Italy, not the marriage) and since the day I got home I have dreamt about going back.  It is beautiful and amazing, the people are friendly, the weather is nice, and there are so, so many things to see and do.  I felt like I was home when I was there.  If I were a person who could move away from her family I would have never come home.


The Colosseum in Rome. Love, love, love Rome.


The Leaning Tower. Famous and beautiful.



I do not know where this is exactly, but the thing is, I saw "streets" like this in Rome, Florence, and Venice. Amazingly beautiful.


An aerial view of Lucca and its amazing wall.  We rode bikes on the wall, it is like a giant boulevard with a sidewalk and trees and lawn and in one spot a restaurant where I ordered fruit salad and got a whole pear, grapes,  and a whole apple on a fancy plate.


Outside the wall(s) of Lucca.  That inspired my trip to Italy.  The city my great-grandparents came from. It was beautiful and amazing - I wish Surely had been there to share it with me.  <3

Well that post sucked.  Made me miss Surely and Italy.

:o)  Tina

PS  Surely is my high school/20's best friend who ran off to Europe a year to the day plus one, before the Little Man was born.  She met her prince charming and never came home.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ooh! Please write something. Please. I would LOVE to hear your comments!