Thursday, September 8, 2011

One Down... Crap, It Isn't Even on the List!

I am almost finished with #10, my first ever sampler quilt.  I have about two hours worth of binding to sew down and still am waiting on the thread that I ordered for the last of the hand quilting.  How do you sew your binding down?  I always do it by hand, I have tried by machine but I never get it to look as nice as if I have done it that way and I am pretty fussy.

I am going to a quilt show this weekend, maybe I will get some thread while I am there and then I can finish the hand quilting.  I guess we will see.  I will make sure I take some pictures (of the quilt show and of UFO #10) and have figured out an easy way to post them!

Last night, I finished a cushion for our bed.  I am currently sitting on it to flatten the the actual cushion out a little as it is just a smidge too big and so it is pulling a little.  Looks really pretty though, all whites and creams with some antique mother of pearl buttons.  I will take a picture when I have a minute to set it up so you cannot see the giant pile of clean laundry that permanently resides near where the beautiful pillow will live.  I will aim for Monday as it is my day off and the kids will be in school all day and I should use the time to clean.  Pfft.

I might not get to fill in the blanks tomorrow, but will catch up with you on Saturday night when I get back from Wasa, for sure.  Have a nice weekend!

:o)  Tina


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ooh! Please write something. Please. I would LOVE to hear your comments!