Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Name Game

I often get asked why the shop is called Sugar Shack Quilting, and I tell people the story but I am not so sure it satisfies them...

When my first marriage ended I was so sad (duh) and I assumed that, that was it for me.  I thought I would live my life by myself, just me and the Little Man.  Eventually just me.  After some convincing, my Mum talked me into moving back to Trail to be closer to her and my Dad.  I will never forget how defeated I felt on my way back here - the place I ran from so many times.  It was awful.  No more awful than staying in Christina Lake was right then.

So, my Mum and I found a nice little house for me and my Little Man and we moved in.  Next door to CH. Yep, that is a Saturday Story for sure! CH and I started off relatively slowly compared so most of my other relationships and after about three months of being neighborly, he went away to work for what was supposed to be a few weeks and ended up being several months.  During that time I decided to buy a house.  When he came back from working away we moved into it together and it became - and still is - our home.  Our little love shack - our sugar (as in give me some) shack.

I am happy to say that it is still a happy home though our family has changed in so many ways over the last 8 years we started with a good strong foundation and stress seems to bring us closer together rather than further apart. (Thank Goodness for that!)  I have a wonderful life and I am so very grateful for all that I have been blessed with.

SO, the blog name is a much simpler answer. PITA came up with it to compliment the shop name - Sugar Shack Quilting - as the original plan was for the blog to be an ongoing ad for the shop - the things we do, new stuff, etc. (not the ad for me that it has become).  I loved it and went with it - well, I actually stole it directly from her when blogging turned out not to be her thing.

So there it is.  Any questions?

:o) Tina


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ooh! Please write something. Please. I would LOVE to hear your comments!