Saturday, September 10, 2011

Fill in the Blank Friday One Day Late Due to Big Road Trip!

What a weekend.  We made it.  CH changed the thermostat in the car at the side of the road between Salmo and Fruitvale and, voila, all good from there on out.  We made it to Wasa Lake safe and sound... and two and half hours late!  Oh yah, did I mention that I forgot about the 1 hour time difference?

Anyway, all is well that ends well.  CH and I had a great time, sold lots, got kissed by Alpacas (see the slide show for more!) and had a night away from the kids.  I took lots of photos and have added a slide show of the quilts and other fabulous people and things (see the side bar on the right), here are the highlights (I even took a few snaps of the food - by far the best ever at a quilt show! Thanks ladies!).

I really enjoyed this show as it had a lot of variety.  Hand quilting to professional long arm quilting; hand applique to machine applique.

There are only 16 or so members of this guild, which makes the variety - and the quantity and quality of the work - even more impressive.

Thank you all so much for a nice weekend, I will look forward to your next show!  Perhaps I will see you in Golden in April.

So here is are the blanks we missed on Friday...

fill in the blank Friday

1. Somewhere someone is  being born. And pretty soon that someone will be a member of this clan! October 21st!! Woot! Woot! (Thank you PITA! xxoo)

2. My children are my muse. They inspire me is ways I would never have thought to be inspired before I was blessed with them in my life.

3. It would suck if Etsy was no more because, it is such a great source for all things handmade - and crafty inspiration!

4. The warm Autumn sunshine is my favorite thing about today.

5. Life is kind of like a ride at the carnival. Some people ride the roller coaster and some people just sit on the bench and watch.

6. If I could have anything I wanted I would want independently wealthy so that I could be home with my kids all the time and still be able to help and inspire others. I would like to be Oprah, only less famous and slightly less busy and with a husband and children.

7. A funny thing happened the other day... well, everyday, I have smallish kids.  One of which is extremely funny and the other very serious - which makes things funny all the time.


Happy Saturday!

:o) Tina

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tina,
    I'm stopping by from the LBS and really enjoyed reading what you've filled in the blanks. :) Sounds like you had a really enjoyable trip, too - I love craft shows!
    Have a nice weekend.
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete

Ooh! Please write something. Please. I would LOVE to hear your comments!