Friday, October 28, 2011

Fill in the Blank Friday


1. When I was a kid I wanted to be a truck drive or own a store (and look at that, I do!) when I grew up.

2. As an adult, my dream job would be work at home super successful craft/sewing/quilt pattern designer and blogger (love the blogging)!

3. When I was younger I wanted to be just like nobody! I probably want to be like other people now that I am an adult that I ever did as a child.  It might be because I value so much about the people in my life and hope that I can learn from them to improve myself.

swelldesigner.blogspot.com via Alexa on Pinterest
This is NOT me - our costumes were not
even close the this good!  Hahaha
4. The childhood Halloween costume that I remember most was when I was in grade nine (my last trick or treating year) my friend Michelle and I dressed up as California Raisins. We wore black garbage backs filled with newspapers and stapled them all over the place for the puckers on the raisin.  The paper leaked out and everyone thought we were dressed as garbage. To this day it puts a giggle in my belly.

5. My favorite childhood toy was my plastic animals.  I loved them like they were real pets. They all had names and ages and background stories.  My Mum gave them to me a few years ago and I hide them from my kids - I know it is dumb but I also know that they would not love them like I did and I did not want them to end up as chew toys for one of the dogs!

6. The time I got into the biggest amount of trouble when I was a kid was when I (I was just talking to about this with a childhood friend like an hour ago!) was in grade seven a bunch of my friends and I use to make prank calls all the time (pre-call display and *69, yes I am that old!).  We would call this one number A LOT and leave all these ridiculous messages about being prostitutes and looking for a good time and such (where we came up with the material I will never know!).  We left so many messages that they finally called the police!  Who kindly had our parents deal with us.  So, I come home from school for lunch one day and my Dad says "I got this new tape, you've got to hear."  He presses play and there it is.  I was grounded for a month.

7. I get daily inspiration from my children, CH (see earlier post), my other family members, my friends, the customers in my shop, Pinterest, people on the street, nature. Inspiration can be found anywhere if you are open to it!

:o) Tina

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ooh! Please write something. Please. I would LOVE to hear your comments!