Friday, October 7, 2011

Fill in the Blank Friday

Thank Goodness it is Friday. This week has been the absolute pits.

Last Friday we went to Vancouver and spent the weekend at my cousin's.  I really love being there.  She lives in a wealthy neighborhood and drives a nice car and has well behaved children - the opposite of my own life (except for maybe the kids) and so it always feels like a vacation.

On Saturday we attended a "Month's Mind" for my cousin Jason who passed away on August 30th. Although it was a "celebration" to mark a great loss and sadness in our family, it was a wonderful day.  I felt loved and so very grateful for my amazing extended family.  We stayed until about 10:30 by which time Penelope had fallen asleep on the kitchen sofa and was feeling very feverish.

Jason with my Aunt and Uncle a few weeks before he left.  His shirt says "Oh cancer, up yours!".
On Sunday I woke up to CH (who has dubbed himself Current Husband rather than Charming Husband or Captain Happy, which, depending on the day, is what it stands for! Hahahahah) was alternating pacing the room and running to the bathroom to be sick.  Penelope was not feeling very much better, but at least she was not throwing up.  We left West Vancouver at about noon with two sickos in the back seat and The Little Man and me in the front.  We made it home is less time that it took up to get there.

On Monday, I was just rolling out of bed and shaking the cob webs and Jen called from the shop to let me know that we had been robbed! The float and the cash sales from the days I was gone - all gone except for the quarters, dimes, nickels and the pennies.  I rushed down to the shop un-showered (which I do not like to do) in grubbies and spent the morning brainstorming with Jen and the police.  There was no forced entry, the cash was just gone so I am sure it will remain a frustrating mystery.

On Tuesday, the landlord for the building the shop is in came in and told me that I was behind in the rent to the tune of $966.  I know that is not accurate but I really felt like he was kicking me while I was down!

On Wednesday, the shorties and I were sitting reading and what not on the sofa and heard a load crash.  The Little Man went upstairs to see what it was and discovered that our sweet Violet had knocked over his fish bowl.  Before I was even out of the living room the water was coming through the ceiling.  Dominic room was all smelly and covered in fish rocks!

On Thursday, when we were getting ready for school my sweet always cautious Little Man had an itchy head and took it upon himself to do a lice check - and low and behold there they were!  Anyone who i reading this and freaking out clearly does not have a school aged child in our school district!  They are a freakin' epidemic here.  I just added Tea Tree Oil to all of the shampoo in the house as it apparently repels them.  It is our third time getting them - that is right, I said our.  CH does not seem to attract them, but they like me as much as they like the kids.  The thing is that they supposedly prefer clean hair and he is the only one who washes his hair everyday so who they heck knows.  ***If you have children, I suggest you educate yourself and be prepared.  I would way prefer my kids get lice than my dog get fleas - lice are way way easier, to get rid of.

So now today is Friday.  So far so good.  I have been waiting for a disaster all day... I am a big believe in  The Secret so, if I keep up with this train of thought I might just end up with what I am indirectly wishing for!

the little things we do
1. Something popular that I can't stand/just don't "get" is the materialist trends I see everywhere.  I hate that everything has become so disposable.  I have made it a point to teach my kids that what you have matters a lot less than what you have but I don't think that it the trend.

2. Something unpopular that I secretly love is having a nice tan.  I know is not good for me but it makes me feel younger and prettier. (Not that that will matter very much when I have melenoma!)

3. When I've had a bad day I want to be hugged and snuggled by my husband and my kids.

4. I'd prefer a bag of chips to an apple any time. I have tried to change that trend in the past but it never seems to "take" permanently.

5. Something that makes me nervous is school.  I don't like shipping my kids off to school everyday, I feel like I am offering them up to the wolves.

6. Something worth fighting for is family.  Always at the top of my list.  I will fight their battles, for their lives, do whatever it takes to make sure they are happy and healthy.


7. When people think of me, I hope they think she is gentle, kind, a good moderator, and has a fabulous sense of humour. She's a good friend, good wife and amazing mother!  I might also like them to think something postive about my creativity and my sewing skills.


:o)  Tina

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ooh! Please write something. Please. I would LOVE to hear your comments!