Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Freebie Wednesday

First of all, I am sorry for not getting a project up for you last week.  I do not have an excuse, I just never did it. To busy getting other stuff done I suppose.

So last week's project becomes this week's project!  Pretty simple really...

As a crafty creative person you would think that my house would be interesting. Sadly, not so much, but I did recently add some little touches that I feel made a big improvement.  One of them was covering my light switch covers with fabric.  I am going to try to decoupage them at a later date - I will let you know how it goes, I kinda don't love to do messy crafts.

This is a really simple project, your kids (if you are *lucky* enough to have *crafty* kids) could even do their own.  I cannot imagine letting Penelope anywhere near a glue gun and am pretty sure the Little Man would not be interested.

To start, you need a switch cover and piece of fabric about two inches all the way around bigger and a glue gun (if you do not already have one - go to the local Dollar Store and get one, you will seriously wonder how you ever lived without it!).


The next thing I did was glue down the centre of all four sides.  I did that so I could be fussier (fussy.  Who me?  Never!) about the corners without having to worry about the glue drying.

Then, I glued down the corners, the same way I would hand sew a quilt binding (well sort of).


Once I was satisfied with my corners, I flipped the cover over to make sure it looked neat and tidy. So, now the hard part (not really), cut a small line up the centre of the opening and then two lines coming from the top of that line.  You cannot see it very well on the fabric, but it is there.


All that is left to do is to glue the clipped bits around the hole down.


I will try to remember to take a picture of the completed cover on my wall - but don't hold your breath.  Have fun and make lots!

:o)  Tina



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ooh! Please write something. Please. I would LOVE to hear your comments!