Friday, June 10, 2011

Fill in the Blank Friday

fill in the blank friday
The Little Things We Do
1. This weekend I have to try to get some yard work done, my flower beds are abysmal and I don't feel like it! I just want them to magically look fabulous like they did 4 years ago when I had no shop and more TIME!

2. My last vacation was ...vacation... hmmm... the last real one that did not include a tent (not that there is anything wrong with that) would have been the summer Penelope was 1 (she is 6).  All four of the kids and I drove to Vancouver Island, where CH was working and we did all the things tourists do on the Island and on the Mainland.  It was really fun.


3. My next vacation will be to Vancouver for the Davidson Family Sports Day. I am SUPER excited to see my extended family and to go on a vacation with CH and the kids. We have been places and done stuff but this will be an actual get away for a week, do the touristy stuff, have fun...


4. My favorite way to relax is with some junk food, a good movie, CH near by and the kids snuggled in their beds.  I especially love this when the weather is bad.  When the weather is good, I love to swim in my favorite swimming spot on earth...

5. When vacationing one should always leave room for spontaneity. Planning is good, but spontaneity is the stuff that memories are made of. That makes me think of my favorite road tripping friend ever - I love you and miss you Surely - we always found an adventure on the side wherever we went.  It once took us 12 hours to get from Hope to Vancouver (which is about a 2 1/2 hour drive in traffic).

6. When vacationing one should never count pennies. You are always going to spend more than you intended - enjoy it while you can!


7. The best part about a vacation is the reaffirmation of the bonds you have with the people you vacationed with.  I once went away for a weekend (it was an amazing fun, fabulous weekend) with my girlfriends and when we came home we all had a little girlfriend withdrawal.  I missed being with them.  We had SO much fun. I think "as an adult" the best part is the mental break from the everyday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ooh! Please write something. Please. I would LOVE to hear your comments!