Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

I think I have mentioned this before.  I love doing these things.  When I was a kid (grade 7ish) I wrote reports - for fun.  I love to write, I just need to be given a topic so answering these questions is pefect.  Sometimes I find that I would write and write and write...  Well anyway, here is this week's Ten on Tuesday, enjoy.  :o)

1. What type of phone do you have? Do you like it?
I have an iPhone 4 and I don't like it.  I freakin' LOVE it!  It is, next to my sewing machine and my Barbie motor home my favorite toy ever!  I can talk on it, text with it, BLOG with it, serf the internet, email, take pretty good pictures, there are lots of fun and useful apps...  I really love it.

2. How old were you when you got your first cell phone?
I think I was 25, I might have been 26.  (I am 38 (OMG as if I am 38) now.  Wow that just hit me.  When did I turn 38!!!!! Yikes!) I was on my way to my Grandmother's house from downtown Vancouver in a snow storm.  It took me three hours when in good traffic I could get there in 25 minutes.  When I got there everyone was worried, I called home and Dave (the x-husband) finally agreed that I should have a cell phone.  Back then not every single person over the age of 13 had one.  Most of my friends did not.

3. How many cell phones have you owned since your first?
This is the my first phone.  :o)

My first one was a little Motorola flip phone, and I was so proud of it.  I had it until I moved home from North Van (September 2001) and there was sketchy service where I was moving to so we no longer had cell phones.  I did not have one again until about 2006 and I got a pink one that was free with my plan.  I had two more pink ones and now my beloved iPhone. I  have had 5 - CH has had like 10 starting with a brick. 

4. How much is your average monthly phone bill?
$75 plus taxes and usage fees, etc. So worth it. 

5. When you were a kid/teenager, were you allowed to have a phone in your room?
Umm no!  Remember how old I am?  We did not do that around here then.  Nobody had a phone or a t.v. in their room. Believe it or not I do not feel damaged from it.  My Mum used to set the timer on the microwave to limit the amount of time I could stay on the phone. We did not have call waiting as it was not available then and she claimed that people from work called my Dad for stuff - I do not remember anyone calling.... I really loved talking on the phone - I think it is a right of passage for every teenaged girl.

6. Do you like talking on the phone or do you despise it? Or somewhere in-between?
Depends who I am talking to. My Mum, PITA, Grandpa, or my other friends - yes, mostly.  CH, not so much.  He is usually phoning for something (i.e. he needs me to answer a question, solve a problem, or do something for him) and he does not have much to say beyond that - he a crappy phone talker, which is not a problem now but was a little bit when he worked on the road.

7. Do you text a lot? Is texting/talking while driving illegal where you live? Are you guilty of it anyway?
I do a lot of texting.  I don't do it when I am driving.  It is illegal where I live but that is not why I don't do it.  I just do not have the coordination it would take to do both and 99/100 I have my kids with me and it is SO not worth the risk.

8. What sort of texting keyboard does your phone have? Touch screen, slide out, or something different? Do you care?
I have touch screen and I am pretty sure I could not go back to keys. The texting was a big part of why I wanted the phone in the first place.  Did I mention I love it!

9. Look at the last call in your call log – who is it? What were they calling about? Who calls you the most?
It was CH.  No surprise there we have free calling to each other so make good use of it.  I do not remember why he was calling, I think maybe to find out if I like purple freezies cause they were out of white ones.

10. What is the longest phone call you can recall having?
I think it was just under 8 hours.  Multiple phones were required.  I was walking to my high school and 20-something best friend about 2 years ago...It was crazy, I cannot imagine what her bill was like since I live in Canada and she lives in London England!  Haven't talked to Surely since as a matter of fact....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ooh! Please write something. Please. I would LOVE to hear your comments!