Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Yellow Bird


I had been thinking about my next bag design and then the other night I was watching We Bought a Zoo with my shorties and suddenly, the vision was there.  Black velvet with a red bird.  I decided on the shape and got to work once the movie was over (at 11 - I am a night owl and so are my shorties.  Don't judge us!)

So I got busy cutting up the velvet jacket (sorry no picture, I forgot AGAIN) I suddenly thought - red is too over done (especially for me), I am going to use yellow. I had some really nice yellow fabric that I needed a worthy project for.  Last night when I was getting ready to put the bird on, I realized that it needed a little something to sit on, a floating (in a perched position) bird just didn't sit right with me.  I decided to free motion some tree branches in a subtle variegated grey.  I love how it turned out, and  listed it on Etsy, the price is higher than I normally charge for a bag because I want whoever buys it to love it as much as I do.


:o) Tina

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ooh! Please write something. Please. I would LOVE to hear your comments!