Monday, May 21, 2012

Stuff I've Made

The other day I made new fabric labels to sew onto my finished work (temporary ones until my friend Krista gets a logo done for me) and  Nag, asked with surprise "Are you sure you want to put your personal blog address on these?".  Well, you know me, I started to think. And analyze, just a little bit...

This is what I came up with...

It might have been premature but you have to start somewhere, right?  I want to develop my personal blog and my person sewing into something. Something that is me and profitable - at least a little bit. It seemed like the logical thing to do at the time, since the labels were for thing I personally sewed. My sewing is about me - my blog is about me.  Perhaps it is the kick start I need to really get my blog to the level I envision for it.

I recently opened a second Etsy shop which I have linked to the page tab Stuff I've Made for Sale, I have two Etsy shops - one for the Sugar Shack and one for me. If you want supplies (fabric, notions, thread, etc.), kits, patterns designed by people other than me then you want to visit the shop's Etsy page - if you want something I designed and/or created - you want my Etsy page - or you can come here for all of that and a little of the other stuff.

After the last couple of years and how difficult things have been for the shop and for my family, I have lost a little love for Sugar Shack Quilting, although with the new location and the new things that are happening I am starting to get it back.  It is kind of the the teenager in my family (not to say that one loses love for their children when then become teenagers!!) - I hope when it is an adult it is fully functioning and can take care of itself - at least financially! Maybe cause me a little less heartache and stress. ;)

So, short story long (I am really good at that!), I am going to try, really hard, to talk about my creative side and not just my emotional side on my blog a little more often.  Starting today - new pages are up!

:o)  Tina

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ooh! Please write something. Please. I would LOVE to hear your comments!