Saturday, May 5, 2012

Homemade Washi Tape and Some Really Cute Butterfly Magnets!

Ah ha!  Day 27!  Woot Woot!  I just realized how badly I dropped the ball on the photo a day thing....  Maybe I should try harder.  I do love to take iphotos (is that a word - if not it should be!)

So, today Nag and I made goody bags for Penelope's birthday party this evening.  This is the pin I used as my example.


These are ours. With homemade washi tape!


Thank you Nag for taking care of the eyes and the antenna.  Crooked works great and I would have spent hours trying to get then perfectly straight and even.

The washi tape was fabulous - this is what I did to make it happen.
homemade washi tape
I looked for some small print napkins from the Dollarama.  They had lots of pretty napkins but nothing with a small print so I opted for stripes in Penelope-ish colours.

I then separated the layers - there were four, I thought there were two so I did a strip of tape and then had to redo it.  Live and learn.

After the layers where separated there was only one that was patterned - the others were plain white. I took double sided tape and put it perpendicular to the strips and smoothed it down.  They I cut it to the width I needed it to be for the clothes peg bodies of the butterflies, peeled the paper off of the tape in small sections and cover the clothes pen all the way around, snipping the open ends and tucking it in.

They turned out great and I LOVE the idea of homemade washi tape.  It is way stickier than the washi tape that I purchased from etsy.

Anyway, off to do other things.

:o)  Tina




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ooh! Please write something. Please. I would LOVE to hear your comments!