Sunday, June 24, 2012

Escape

by Carolyn Jessop

Escape exposes a world tantamount to a prison camp, created by religious fanatics who, in the name of God, deprive their followers the right to make choices, force women to be totally subservient to men, and brainwash children in church-run schools. Against this background, Carolyn Jessop’s flight takes on an extraordinary, inspiring power. Not only did she manage a daring escape from a brutal environment, she became the first woman ever granted full custody of her children in a contested suit involving the FLDS. And in 2006, her reports to the Utah attorney general on church abuses formed a crucial part of the case that led to the arrest of their notorious leader, Warren Jeffs.

Love this topic. Love it! It grips me. It tears at my heart strings and blows my mind. I love Sister Wives but this is apples and oranges. Sister Wives is just a little confusing but pretty much just like me and CH only with more of me... Carolyn Jessop and the other women - and the children - that are part of this group are nothing like the Sister Wives family. Nothing.

This book clearly details the horrors that this woman and her children suffered before she made her brave and heroic escape. I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a good people story.

I am looking forward to reading her second book, Triumph, when I can get my hands on it.

:o) Tina

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ooh! Please write something. Please. I would LOVE to hear your comments!