Monday, July 16, 2012

The Known World

by Edward P. Jones

This book won a Pulitzer so I felt like I had to like it and kept reading.  I got about 2 thirds of the way through and just couldn't waste my time for one more page. The idea behind the story seemed like it would be very interesting but the writing went here and there and everywhere without ever leaving me to feel like I really got the point.  This far into a book I am supposed attached to the characters - I love them and am starting to pace myself with the book so that my time with them lasts longer....  not the case.  My time is too valuable to have continued.  Having said that, if you have read it and feel differently, please tell me.  Give me a reason to finish this book!

:o)  Tina

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ooh! Please write something. Please. I would LOVE to hear your comments!