Friday, April 27, 2012

Fill in the Blank Friday

I have had a really busy week. Craft fairs, doctor and massage appointments, a quick road trip and a day off. I spent a total of about 2 hours in the shop this week and very little time sewing. Too bad because I am working on a really great bag but have not managed to squeeze it in - I was hoping to have it for the craft fair I am in right now (it is a long one - Wednesday to Sunday). Who knows we will see what I get tonight after I drag myself away from my beloved internet. There is no WiFi where I am, so I copied and pasted this morning so that I had something to do during the quiet times and so that I actually did have time to sew tonight if I had it in me. ;) Pretty smart, huh?


1. When I wake up in the morning, the first thing I do is rotate my ankles and flex my feet until they wake up too. Since forever, I have had sore feet now that I am so ancient they require some TLC in the morning. It takes me a really long time to wake up in the morning – feet aside – I don’t even open my eyes until I have been awake for at least five minutes.

2. I can hardly wait for summertime and lazy days at the beach. I love the beach. I also love when the kids are not at school – I like to have them to myself and not share them with the school district and all of their activities.


3. The quickest way to my heart is to do something kind and unexpected for me because I often feel so neglected by CH that it is really nice to know that someone – anyone at all – thinks of me. PITA can generally be counted on for surprise gifts – she gets it from her Grandma – and I really value and appreciate that. It always makes me feel a little weepy in a good way. :o)

4. A little known fact about me is that I have huge issues with OCD. I had it under control for a few years but it seems to be coming back in full force. I have a list a mile long of pet peeves to go with it – the number one thing on the list is the sound of crinkling paper or plastic. One day, I will be imprisoned for murder (or at the very least assault and battery) when I take CH’s evening candy – bag and all of course - and cram it up his big honkin’ nose! (This is not a little know issue to my inner circle - if you are there, you already know I am a little bit crazy.)

5. The best part about my job is I can come and go as I please and always be accessible to the shorties and free to do things that I want or need to do.  I practically take summers off.  Having said all of that the pay couldn't really be any worse.

6. Something I just couldn't live without is my sewing machine. Does this require an explanation??

7. Something useful that I wish I knew how to do is operate power tools. CH and PITA are not always available for my use and it would be so much easier if I could just do it!

:o) Tina




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ooh! Please write something. Please. I would LOVE to hear your comments!