Monday, November 28, 2011

Fill in the Blank Monday - what the???

I have been away - well not really away, but away from an internet connection that works well enough for a blog post even on my phone - for the last few days (Wednesday night through Sunday night).  I was at a craft fair selling some of the things I have accumulated over the years - including slippers and hats that my Mum crochets, quilts and quilted things that were previously samples in the shop, and some crafty things that I like to make to sell.  It went really well, I had a vintage quilt that I sold for $75.  I was pleased.

I thought I would have time to post this on Friday but I was at the craft fair until 9 and then came to the shop for Quilt Till You Wilt until almost midnight.  I was so pooped I went straight to bed.

Baby Hayden, when he was about 10 days old.
He is now 5 1/2 weeks!
Saturday was pretty much the same.  At the mall until 6, then to the Smokies game (which they won!!!) and them home and right to bed. It was a great game, CH me and PITA's men were hoarse from yelling at the refs and cheering for our team.  It was SO fun!

Sunday, I had the craft fair and then another baby shower for my lovely new nephew Hayden, and then back to the craft fair and home to bed.  I am starting to feel a little more normal and have a crap load of laundry to catch up on tonight!

*I just spent the last hour and a half on Pinterest.  I got side tracked there while looking for an image of a needle and thread to use as a section break in my post.  Pinterest - oh so good, yet so very very bad.


1. Waking up at the break of dawn to go shopping is my idea of complete and utter madness!  There is no way on God’s green earth that I would wake up at dawn to go shopping in the freezing cold no matter how good the deal was!  American’s are nuts – we do not have a shopping day like that in Canada and if we did I am sure I would not attend (although the rest of my family probably would, Grandpa, CH, my Dad, every one of them loves a great deal and will go out of their way for it).

2. If I were to go shopping today I would be on the hunt for a stainless steel kettle.  I am tired of the electric one and would like something a little more interesting to sit on my stove.  My dear sweet cousin Tegan has one with a bird that whistles in the spout - you can take it out and let the water keep boiling - I covet it. I am a "little" OCD about my tea making process and like to keep the water at a full boil while I hot my mug and it would be nice to do it without the kettle whistling and annoying everyone (but me).  The Little Man with his own little dose of OCD, comes and unplugs is while I am standing there.  I think OCD might be hereditary.


So I found it!!!  This is the one my cousin has - did I mention that she lives in the British Properties?  I can buy this puppy for 90 pounds or about $175!  I don't think so!
Source: amara.co.uk via Tina on Pinterest


3. The best thing I ate yesterday was ... I never had anything exceptionally good.  Tim Horton’s sandwich for lunch and greasy spoon fish and chips for dinner. Wasn’t terrible but wasn’t special like an American Thanksgiving turkey dinner or anything either. :o)

4. Something I've been learning lately is that sometimes is it okay when you have to give up your dreams and start over. I am starting over with the shop and hoping to get it right this time and to always remember that I am doing it for the love of doing it and making money from it will (hopefully) come from that, rather than trying so hard to make money from it, trying so hard to have everything everyone asks for - and getting lost in that concept.  I want to feel like I am working for me again!.

5. I cannot start my day without a cup of tea! (Duh!) I also need like an hour to drink it and wake up.  I am not very good at mornings - even when I don't I stay up too late at night.

6. My night time attire consists of nothing at all! Sheets, a feather duvet and a nice snuggly husband. Eewww. Don’t like my answer do you PITA? Hahaha. Just being honest. :o)

7. I am looking forward to everyday!  Other than money and the constant disaster area my home is, I would not change anything. My life is wonderful, and I look forward to everyday with my amazing short people and the rest of the pack.

So for now, good bye but I will talk to you soon. I have been pinning all day and it has given me lots of inspiration for posts. I think I need to make a "look book" with the things that I have made... Shall I pin it or post it? Probably both!

:o) Tina

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ooh! Please write something. Please. I would LOVE to hear your comments!