Thursday, January 21, 2010

Whip Crackin'!

One or two Fridays a month a group of us get together at Sugar Shack Quilting to quilt and we stay till until late at night sewing and venting and gossiping and having a nice time with a diverse group that we may otherwise not be with.  I would say that the ladies that come (there are four of them, and Brandi and me) have all, to some extent become my friends.

Okay so that has nothing to do with what I wanted to say - well very little.

The last time we got together, Brandi was not there to point me in the direction of the project that needed my attention and no one really needed my help to I went into the "in progress" bin we have at Sugar Shack and came out with a half woven ribbon thing that I planned on turning into a pillow top.  One of the ladies saw it and insisted that it be the project that I worked on that evening - so I finished it and I have to say, I am glad that I did.  It is gorgeous!

I had seen it done in some book or magazine along the way - a long time ago - and had wanted to try it since.  So in the spring (maybe longer ago) I cut the ribbon and sewed the top and the left side to a piece of muslin and started weaving.  I did not finish as I thought it was really crooked and I am a perfectionist but is looks great not that it is done and the ribbon has relaxed into place.  Super easy, a little teadious, fabby results!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ooh! Please write something. Please. I would LOVE to hear your comments!