Friday, October 19, 2012

Fill in the Blank Friday



The blanks this week are all about relaxing - I won't be doing much of that but am looking forward to it sometime in 2013.

Fill in the Blank Friday
{via}

1. One thing I plan on doing to relax this weekend is sewing with the fabulous fabric I bought today at the Castlegar Quilt Show. I saw it and had to have it to use with a green jacket I have set aside for a fabulous bag! Pretty excited.

Anna Maria Horner Fabric

2. A big pet peeve of mine is sounds. The crinkling of plastic is a big one but I also strongly dislike (I would like to say hate but I tell my kids not to so I will practice what I preach)the sound of chewing. I also do not like paper crinkly, overly loud music or TV. To be honest I am pretty OCD so a lot of things bother me that may not bother the average person but I have learned to accept and move on.

3. I am really loving the recognition I am getting for my creative efforts. It feels so good and is such a compliment when someone buys something I have made!

4. The rain is kind of expected. After a rainy spring and the river being its highest in like 40 years, this fall it is the lower I ever remember seeing it. This week is the first time it has rained in ages.

5. My favorite girly indulgence is pink and/or flowery stuff. My cell phone case - pink, flowery and girly; my lunch bag - flowery; my taste in fabric - flowery; my taste in clothes - pink. You get the idea.

6. A song I always get stuck in my head is (lately)., Set Fire to the Rain. Adele has a powerful passionate voice.  Love her.



7. The best cure for stress is family time, a little sewing and sleep. It is the only time I will choose sleep over anything else.

I am kind of tired tonight but I really want to sew. The quilt show was tiring and not as much fun as it used to be.  I think there are fewer quilters as a result of the economy and that the vendors are feeling the pinch.

Off to sew (and change into my pjs). :oD

Tina

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ooh! Please write something. Please. I would LOVE to hear your comments!