Saturday, August 18, 2012

The Weird Sisters

by Eleanor Brown

The Weird Sisters by Eleanor BrownThe Andreas family is one of readers. Their father, a renowned Shakespeare professor who speaks almost entirely in verse, has named his three daughters after famous Shakespearean women. When the sisters return to their childhood home, ostensibly to care for their ailing mother, but really to lick their wounds and bury their secrets, they are horrified to find the others there. See, we love each other. We just don't happen to like each other very much. But the sisters soon discover that everything they've been running from-one another, their small hometown, and themselves-might offer more than they ever expected.

I enjoyed this book but I kept expecting something bigger to happen.  It kept me reading because I could see a little of myself in each of these women, I suppose that was the idea.  It was not read it again good, but I would pass it on to a friend.

Next I am finally reading the Glass Castle, by Virigian Wells who wrote Half Broke Horses, which I loved.

Happy reading -

:o)  Tina

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ooh! Please write something. Please. I would LOVE to hear your comments!