Friday, August 31, 2012

Fill in the Blank Friday

How is it Friday again?  Holy.  Seriously.  I swear ever week goes by more quickly than the last.  Pretty soon the week will seem one day long.

This week I got lots sewn - which is always a good thing - but not much else done. I am going to post about that on Sunday - I am going to try to get myself organized into a bit of a schedule and post certain things of certain days - like Tootie Tuesday and Fill in the Blank Friday...  What do you think, good idea or not?

Fill in the Blank Friday

1. Over this labour day weekend I will be going swimming (weather permitting), sewing, doing some cooking to freeze for the upcoming busy weeks - school and the kids (mostly Penelope's) activities starting. More than anything this will be a Suzy Home-maker kind of weekend for this busy working Mum. :o)

2. With the political debates going on right now, my thoughts are Huh? I am Canadian, I couldn't care less what is going on down there as long as they do not blow us up, or get themselves blown up because I live pretty close to the boarder!

3. Today I am worried about my earning potential for the Autumn. I need to make some decisions and decide what I want to do with myself to make money to support my family and still do what I love. My friend Rita's Facebook status the other day read "I feel like I'm at a cross roads in my life. I know what and where I want to be, just not sure how to get there." I commented " I wish I were at the crossroad - I am still wandering around trying to find it!! :p"  If I could sew and blog for a living that would be my dream come true - I just do not know how to get there, so perhaps I am closer than I think!


Bacon eggs toast and hashbrowns - yummy!

4. The best thing I've cooked recently was roast chicken with all the fixings - mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, corn - yummers. The Little Man's friend was over for dinner and he said "Wow, this is like Thanksgiving!". I was going to make chicken stew - chicken pot pie without the pie - but I ran out of time this week. I wanted to try to make these little biscuit things out of the left overs.

5. The last thing I bought was breakfast for me and Nag! $2.95 for eggs, toast, hash browns and two slices of really delicious bacon. I would have paid that just for the bacon. :o)

6. The best movie I saw this summer was ParaNorman - I don't even remember any of the the other movies I saw but that was at the theatre (which I rarely go to), in 3D, and with the shorties so it was memorable. And the movie was pretty good - it was like a horror movie for little kids. Penelope turned to me at one point and said "This is going to give me nightmares for sure!"

7. The best book I read this summer was hmmmm. I think the best book I read was The Glass Castle - which I just finished and am going to blog about for tomorrow's post. I read Half Broke Horses both are written by Jeanette Walls) in the spring and loved them both. Overall last summer's reading - Any Known Blood, The Book of Negros, Middlesex, The Memory Keeper's Daughter, and Water for Elephants.

So I am leaving you for now, but I have lots of other posts for you soon.  Promise.  :o)  Tina

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ooh! Please write something. Please. I would LOVE to hear your comments!