Friday, December 2, 2011

Thank Goodness... Fill in the Blank FRIDAY! Woot! Woot!

I am rarely this happy about Friday but there is a Smokies double header this weekend and it is CH's birthday on Saturday and I think we might go the Ainsworth Hot Springs on Sunday - so it is going to be a great weekend! I am also very excited to sleep in!!  :o)



1. The holiday season is the best time of the year! Everyone is a great mood (except for my crabby-ass baby brother) and my kids are excited and happy. And hopefully there is snow and we have a whole week of sewing at the shop and and and... it is the best time of the year!

My Crabby-Ass Baby Brother.  :o)
2. Snow makes me feel calm and happy. I LOVE the snow and am sad that we do not have any (when we are supposed to) - we had some but the frickety frackin rain washed it all away! I strongly dislike the rain in winter - especially here in south eastern BC where it is cold and it rains hard, unlike the West Coast (i.e. Vancouver) where it rains for like 4 months straight but it is a soft rain and it is notably warmer.

3. The best comfort food to eat when it's cold out is stew - beef or chicken - I make really good stew and dumplings. Yumm. I also really enjoy a glass of Bailey's and milk or a Cinnanog (eggnog, rum, and cinnamon liqueur) in the winter months, especially around Christmas.

4. Winter is the best time for getting my house organized... although with the shorties' busy schedules combined with my own I don't have all that much time to do anything in the organizing/cleaning family and find I have to do it here and there.

5. I can hardly wait for my new job to start. HA! I don't actually have one, I just want one... sort of... regardless I am looking forward to a new chapter in 2012 - can't wait to see what it beings me (I hope it is a little financial stability to add to my otherwise close to perfect life)!

6. When it comes to holiday gifts I prefer to give them than receive them. It is so, to fun to watch as someone opens a gift I know they will love.  It is so wonderful to see how excited the shorties are and to feel all that excitement with them.  Best (and most exhausting) day of the year.  Hands down.

7. If I were to rate my excitement about the holiday season on a scale from 1-10, I would say I am at about a, meh, I am not so good this year. Probably about a 3. I need to get some decorations up to get the Christmas sprit alive in our house!  I am hoping to squeeze that in on the weekend, wish me luck!

I am going to bed - it is 2 am and I need to be up at 7:30!

:o) Tina

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ooh! Please write something. Please. I would LOVE to hear your comments!