Friday, December 9, 2011

Fill in the Blank Friday


1. Love is a wonderful and amazing thing. My good friend Jen's daughter is "in love" for the first time and I am thoroughly enjoying watch it all take place. They are so cute. I remember my first boyfriend so well - I also remember the broken heart and am sad that she will eventually go through that as well. So exciting and so scary all at once!

2. Being in love feels like taking a ride on a roller coaster or swinging on a swing so high your feet touch the sky but it can also feel like the safety and security of a warm toasty blanket and a nice big cup of tea. Depends on the day. When I have a bad day, absolutely nothing in the world makes me feel better than snuggling with CH. Nothing.

3. My favorite quote about love is "It's not always rainbows and butterflies, it's compromise that moves us along. My heart is full and my door's always open, you can come anytime you want." It is actually not so much a quote as a line from She Will Be Loved by Maroon 5. I love song lyrics. Love. The other one I really love is from Zoo Station by U2, not really about love or relationships so much but "Time is a train. Makes the future the past. She's standing in the station her face pressed up against the glass."


4. The most important thing in a relationship is loyalty and communication. I know that's two things, but I think both are super important. Loyalty allows you to implicitly trust someone and communication allows you to fix all the little issues that arise on a daily basis before they turn into big issues. I think fighting is so important in a relationship - the tough part though it to fight quickly and fairly. It is not always an easy thing to avoid mud slinging but it is a necessary thing in order to avoid hurt feelings over things that are not the issue. CH and I are pretty good at this. :o)

5. A "deal breaker" for me in a relationship is someone unwilling to put in effort.  No matter the challenges you may face putting in the effort you CAN work through them if you BOTH want to.  This is something I took away from my first marriage - I wanted to do the work, he wanted to sit and sulk in the corner until the bad feelings went away.  I have often wondered if I had continued to wait for him to snap out of it, if I would still be waiting. My deal breaker for the beginning of a relationship the deal breaker would be not wanting children and/or pet allergies and/or not reading.

6. The way I show love in my relationships is by spending time doing little things - like watching becoming a hockey fan (sigh, yes it is true) or making him his favorite dinner. It's all the little things that add up to a big deposit in the relationship bank for when you need it!

7. I love my life and all of the amazing friends and family that I am so blessed to have.

:o) Tina


Source: weheartit.com via Tina on Pinterest

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ooh! Please write something. Please. I would LOVE to hear your comments!