Friday, December 23, 2011

Fill in the Blank Friday



1. The best way to spread Christmas cheer is by letting all of the bad go, relaxing, and being happy.  What have you got to lose?  Christmas is for happy not for being blue (or angry, red!)!

2. The thing I love most about Christmas is getting to spend some extra quality time with family - mainly the shorties.  The shop is closed for the week between (although I go sew with my girl friends) and so that means lots of time to spend with my precious kids (who are right at this minute fighting and driving me crazy!). Once the big day arrives, it is so relaxed and everyone is so happy and festive.  This year I am especially excited for my kids to get their gifts from Santa so I am counting down the minutes!

3. The holiday season is a time for putting hard or negative feelings aside and enjoying the company of family and friends. It is a good time to let go grudges and to embrace the cheer and love that is so abundant at Christmas time. My brother-in-law and sister-in-law are feuding and they need to put it aside so that we can have a happy new year when he gets back from Calgary. And for the record, I know it her perpetuating it but maybe an apology could mend the fence even if it is just for the holidays and he doesn't really mean it. The only ones who really suffer are the rest of us... mostly Grandpa. The thing is that the brother-in-law can never admit to being wrong even for the sake of peace and the evil sister-in-law would gloat and use it against him the future... not that she won't anyway...

4. My favorite thing to eat at the holidays is my Mum's stuffing. Sadly, we are going to my sister-in-law's for dinner so I will miss out on it but there is always my birthday when my Mum will cook whatever I want - and I always request turkey, for the stuffing and gravy, not for the bird.

5. I will be spending Christmas with my short people and CH, and my sister-in-law and her kids, and my brother and his people, and dear sweet Grandpa and my parents. PITA has taken her baby away from me to Calgary for Christmas. :( I think our plan is breakfast at Grandpa's, a visit at my parents, home for a while and then sister-in-law's for dinner.  Should be hectic, but in a good way.

6. Tis better to give or receive? Hands down to GIVE!  This year I am most excited about the Little Man's gift from Santa. I almost wish he did not believe in so I could show him baby pictures. I love gift giving and every year try to have one or two people who I am giving something extra special to.

7. I'm dreaming of a white Christmas.We have snow, but it needs some freshening up!

So, Merry Christmas everyone - and thanks for reading!  Have a wonderful day!

:o)  Tina

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ooh! Please write something. Please. I would LOVE to hear your comments!