Thursday, August 25, 2011

An Known Blood

by Lawrence Hill

An Known Blood by Lawrence HillI am now a huge fan of this writer!  I read this back to back with The Book of Negros and loved both of them.  Although I liked The Book of Negros a little more (I felt it had better flow) I will still give this book a high recommendation.  Lawrence Hill's style is great - I have always heard that it is easier to write what you know, and both books that I have read of his have been about writers.

This book is about a man named Langston Cane V his quest to learn more about his family - in particular, the four Langston before him. In his search he uncovers some less than desirable family history, repairs his relationship with his father, and finds a bit of himself.  Over all a very good human story - just how I like them.

:o)  Tina

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ooh! Please write something. Please. I would LOVE to hear your comments!