Friday, August 19, 2011

Fill in the Blank Friday

Here it is Friday already. I have had another short internet hiatus but am back now and read to write! This week's Saturday story may be late, or not at all but this is a nice long post to keep you entertained and I am working on more! :o)
fill in the blank Friday

1. My idea of pure perfection would be independent, unending wealth. I don't want to be rich - just comfortable enough to do the things I wish I could do and to spend all the time I can with my kids while they are little(ish). I would still like to have the shop - just none of the worries.

2. Love and kindness make the world go 'round.

3. If it weren't for sleep I'd be able to do all of the millions of things I always want to do.  I would spend time with my kids without sacrificing all of the other things I want to be doing, i.e I would have a clean organized house all the time (not just on rainy days), I would design and sew all of the ideas in my imagination, I would have a hugely successful blog that helped to pay the bills, I would have horses (I have always wanted horses and will have them before I die), I would volunteer at the women's centre and maybe at an old folks home.  Sigh.  For now the shorties, sleep and the shop claim most of my time - but I do find time for the occasional blog post and plenty of sewing (of which I forget to take photos of every time I do it!)

4. Bloggers are are amazing!  Such a wealth of information, so many great person stories and lots and lots of other stuff that I can't get enough of!

5. If I had millions of  dollars I'd help as many people as I could and make sure that everyone I love never had to worry 

6. I'm glad it's Friday because there are not many weekends left before school gets out and I get to spend the next three days with the shorties and most likely go the beach!
Syringa Provincial Park
Penelope at Syringa Provincial Park

7. Something I'm excited about is the arrival of PITA's baby in October.  I think it will be a she and I am so excited to buy baby girl stuff again!
PITA and baby on board (this picture is from about 6 weeks ago but is one of my all time favorites - it even comes up on my phone when she calls)
I thought I would also do 5 Questions Friday from My Little Life as well.  I used to do this as well or instead of Fill in Blank Fridays but then there were like three in a row that kind of turned me off of it - they were kind of "American" and I am not.  By gones, here goes...

1. Do you close the bathroom door when you are home alone?  Our main bathroom (okay, our only bathroom) is in a direct line from our front door - which is the door we use the most - so yes I sure do, who knows when someone will come home.  I would anyway.  Even going in a big bathroom I feel exposed.

P.S. The kitchen renovation is still not done but I do not want to talk about it.

2. You have to walk around with a word on your forehead. That word describes you. One word. What is it? I did not know how to answer this so I asked Penelope and she said, nice.  :o)

3. What store do you refuse to shop at and why?  I don't have any store that I refuse to shop at but I try really hard to avoid Wal-Mart. I watched "Wal-Mart, The High Cost of Low Prices" and it solidified what I already felt.  Big box is bad for the local economy.  As a retailer I have seen it myself - they may not sell fabric anymore but they do sell sewing machines (really crappy, waste of money sewing machines).  I will admit that I have been going there lately but for like 10 months last year CH went without me to get the cheap necessities - dog food, cat food, tp, school snacks, and cereal - so that I would not spend any money that was no necessary to spend.

4. If you participated in arranged marriages for your child(ren), who would you choose for your child(ren)? I would choose the person that made them light up when they walked into the room.  I would choose the person they wanted me to choose.

5. If you could pick how and when you would die, would you? NO I am not sure I would ever sleep again.


:o)  Tina

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this - independent wealth is about freedom and time rather than materialism to me. And I agree with you on the time of death. I wouldn't want to know either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every single answer to these questions had me smiling! I especially loved #2 and #5! I always say and think the same thing! Love and kindness do indeed make the world go round. Lovely, lovely post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @IxyI always tell my husband that if we ever won the lottery (which we never buy tickets for)that I would be happy just to win enough to be comfortable. My life is close to perfect and I would not want it to change! On knowing when you are going to die: Can't imagine living each day on a countdown! It would be horrible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @BellaWithout kindness the world would be a pretty icky place. The most important lesson I work on with my children is kindness, it is a sermon they hear very often in this house!

    ReplyDelete

Ooh! Please write something. Please. I would LOVE to hear your comments!