Saturday, September 22, 2012

Fill in the Blank Saturday :P

Owl bags and owl stuffies
Sorry for the less than great picture, I haven't taken any good
ones of these guys yet. The pink one is not done because
I have not decided if I want it to be a large stuffie or a bag.
What do you think?
Again, not Friday. I know, I should be ashamed. But.....yeah, well, I'm not.

Let me tell you about my week. Monday and Tuesday I worked at the shop and then took Penelope to dance form 4:30 to 6:30, Wednesday I worked at "the other job" in Castlegar, Thursday I stayed home to sew (made four bags and four little owls) then picked my shorties up from the bus and brought Penelope to her piano lesson, and then Friday I went to the Trail Market and the a Smokies game - that they won!!!! Woot Woot!! - and then today I went to another outdoor market, came home and took a T3 and had a nap.

The only night for the last week that I did not go to bed at like 1 am was last night but that was because I was already so exhausted I felt like my bottom eyelids were working their way up to my top one and I had to be out of the house absolutely no later than 8 this morning. So about that, why is that 8 on a Saturday is painfully early, while 8 during the week is just par for the course?  My shorties start school at 8:10 every morning and CH and I drive them together almost everyday, we leave at 8.  Yet on a Saturday I feel like I am leaving the house in the middle of the night!  It may as well be 4 am... so strange.

So, as you can see, it was a long week and I was busy, and I am pooped.  But, I am happy.  And that is what matters the most!

Fill in the Blank Friday
{via}

1. Something I am very proud of is my shorties. They are kind, considerate, beautiful (inside and out) humans. My awe of them constantly grows. The other day my 10 year old son stayed home from a sleep-over because he was worried about me setting up the Market without Nag on Friday morning - he also recently told me that I should audition for The Voice. (He is wrong. Really really sweet. But wrong on that one! I love to sing and am OK at it but OK does not sing on TV for more than 90 seconds.)

2. My favorite thing about myself is my ability to find the silver lining. Perhaps not always for myself but almost always for others. As I get older, I find that there are more and more things about me that I like all the time, it is kind of a relief.

3. My favorite colour for fall is well, I am not fashion forward person - I never ever ever have been - my favorite colours this minute would have to be orange, pink and purple (that's right PITA, I said purple).

4. Something I've been learning lately is that sometimes you have to make hard decisions for the good of the collective. I am close to making the decision.  Close but not quite there.  I would like to take a minute here to compliment CH and his amazing ability to make me feel that it is all right I am taking my time with this decision that takes us deeper and deeper into "the hole".

5. A book I am reading now/have read recently is Remembering the Bones. It's okay but not my favorite ever. I read a lot and sometimes post about what I read - you can read about that here.

6. My favorite Pandora Station is ...I had to Google Pandora Station so... no station for this girl. Not yet anyway. :o)

7. This weekend I will be trying to catch up on my sleep, getting some cooking done so we don't end up eating KD and A&W during our busy week, and of course, I need to start on a new batch of owls and bags.

I am going to get working on tomorrow's post right now, I am printed myself a journal so I can post specific things on specific days to try to be a more proactive blogger.  I need more followers, I want this blog to generate income for my sewing habit. Wish me luck - I think I am gonna need it!!!

:o) Tina


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ooh! Please write something. Please. I would LOVE to hear your comments!