Monday, September 10, 2012

Fill in the Blank Monday?


I am so late - it is Monday today, not Friday!!  Boring reason too.  Nothing good or even worth blogging about - let's just say it was life and leave it at that.  I couldn't not do the blanks though, even though it is super late!

Fill in the Blank Friday

1. My favorite grade in school was grade 7, because I loved my teacher and loved the things we learned. She was really interested in Ancient Egypt and we spent a lot of time in social studies class learning about it. and it fostered a love of history in me that is still alive and well today. I also really really loved grade 12. I had a lot - some (my parents and maybe a teacher or two) might say too much - fun in high school.

2. My favorite teacher was Mrs. Belak, my grade 12 math teacher because, she was just really sweet. I don't even really know why I loved her so much, I just know I did. I took grade 11 math in grade 12 and on the school's annual skip out day (the mass exodus of all of most of the student body to nearby bodies of water) I got my friend Lisa to drive us (and another friend Mike) back to the school so that we could be in her class and not dissapoint her. I was pretty wild back then but I thought she was really great and I did not want her to be dissapointed in me. The three of us and one other student were all that showed up for the class!

3. The highest level of education I have completed is a certificate from Capilano College in North Vancouver in Office Administration. I have been thinking a lot lately about going back to school but a) where would I find the time in my already super busy schedule and b) I feel like I might be too old...I guess there is a c) as well because I am also worried about finding employment in whichever field it was that I chose to further my education in.

4. School lunches for me were usually all about the social hour rather than food. I have never been much of a lunch eater - I am still more likely to skip lunch than breakfast - but I am very social and I had a lot to say after having to sit quietly (sort of) in class for three hours.

5. The amount of money you'd have to pay me to go back to high school would be WHAT?! I would totally do it for free. In fact, I would pay to do it! I LOVED the last three years of high school. Loved.

6. A few things that will always remind me of going back to school are the intense heat in the summer air subsiding, the leaves starting to look like they are going to turn Autumn colours, and new yellow pencils.
7. The first day of school was always great. I loved being back into the routine of it all and I was (as I am this year) tired of the hot hot summer. I loved the freshness of everything - new clothes, new school supplies, new grade. Even now I feel like September is the beginning of the year rather than January.

As we being the second week of school here, I must say, I am a little jealous that my shorties get to go to school everyday while I have to be a grown up.

:o)  Tina

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ooh! Please write something. Please. I would LOVE to hear your comments!