Saturday, September 15, 2012

CH Taught Me

I try to respect people and their feelings - I try to understand people and what makes them tick. I try to teach my children to do the same everyday, because nobody taught me until I met CH.  He taught me to look beyond what you see on the surface of a person to what is (sometimes hidden) deep inside - what makes them behave the way they do, what makes them who they are.  Happy or sad, kind or nasty.  Everyone ended up the way they are for a reason. The old adage of 'don't judge a book by its cover' applies to so much more than books!

I find it so surprising, almost everyday, how shallow most people I meet are.  Not to say they are vain, or only care about themselves but that they do not allow themselves to be themselves.  They do not know who they are.  You follow?

My main reason for this post?  I had a friend once who helped to perpetuate a horrible rumour about H1 (turns out it may have been true but at the time I did not want to address it), I was 25 and rather than talking to her about it I wrote her a million page letter telling her to hit the road (only not as nicely as that).  I regret that.  I was afraid.  The friendship ended anyway, so what was I afraid of?

The fact of the matter is, that from what I understand from mutual friends, this person still practices this kind of behaviour and that makes me sad for her.  I hope that one day she can see past all of her personal demons and be her true self.  I saw glimpses of that self during vulnerable moments many years ago and was not at a stage in my own growth to have realized that was what I was seeing... but I remember that I liked it. That I appreciated it because it felt real.

I hope she finds her way.

:\ Tina

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ooh! Please write something. Please. I would LOVE to hear your comments!