Thursday, April 22, 2010

There and Back Again - Creston Home & Garden Show 2010

Okay, so it wasn't the next day.  Give me a break, it has been a busy week!

These are the amazing mountains that you pass through to get from my home in Trail to Creston. We call it the Salmo Creston Highway - and to be honest I am not even sure what its official name is!

On the way there we saw a herd (?) of Big Horn Sheep ewes. On the way home, on the other side of the road, we saw the rams from my earlier post.  We also saw Wild Turkey, Elk (twice), and of course, lots of deer.  Beautiful British Columbia!

The Creston Home and Garden Show was fun as always!  We were lucky enough to have the Mountain FM booth next to ours so there was great music playing all the time and the staff was fun to spend the weekend with!
There were lots of interesting things to see in 100 or so booths, I only took pictures of the ones that I thought were esthetically pleasing or that has something I wanted (like a sink).  You can see all of the photos I took on Sugar Shack's Facebook page.

This booth was selling candles from the Kootenays!  They smell and looked so gorgeous I had to take some pictures of them.

The creamy yellow color of these beeswax ones was so beautiful.  It made me think of Christmas - maybe it was the trees, stars and pine cones!

I loved the colors of the dyed ones - and available in so many delicious scents!
This one was hand painted by one of the owners of the business (I think). I wish I could do this - or at the very least be brave enough to try. There were quite a few hand painted ones, I took the this picture because I really love lilac and lilac season is upon us!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ooh! Please write something. Please. I would LOVE to hear your comments!